All purchases must be made through our website. Currently we take payments though Paypal and have plans to add some other payments methods in the future.
We ask that you purchase porducts from the website and not by phone. The phone number supplied is mainly for queries and payment issues.
By completing payment for your order, you have agreed to all shipping and refund terms and conditions that Blank Canvas Cosmetics has put in place. Blank Canvas Cosmetics does not take responsibility for misuse of any product purchased from the website. You are responsible for the care and use of your purchase.
Blank Canvas Cosmetics reserves the right to make changes to the website and prices at any time where necessary. All sales events have a start and finish date and will not be extended unless otherwise stated on the website. We reserve the right to modify any details of the website at any time we deem necessary.
Gift Vouchers are issued in values starting at €10. The gift voucher is electronic (digitally emailed) and will be the face value of the amount paid by the customer. During Sale times, some vouchers may be offered at sale price. Gift vouchers purchased at sale times, can only be used during Sale times. They cannot be used during other SALE times. Should we find error in your voucher for an amount < or >, this will result in the cancellation or vouchers until the issue is resolved.
Any purchases made from our website are solely made for non commercial uses unless agreed with the company first. Any distribution, reselling (this includes third party selling on other websites , reproduction of products or company material is strictly prohibited and will result in legal action being taken.
Blank Canvas Cosmetics reserves the right to cancel an order (and not accept a transaction) if deemed suspicious of bulk buying with the intent to resell to third parties without our company permission.
Your feedback is important and we want to grow our brand according to what you the consumer wants. Feel free to email us with suggestions using the comment form below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find our shop here on www.blankcanvascosmetics.com or you can shop with us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BCCosmetics.
We have a full range of vegan brushes which you can see here: http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/categories/synthetic-brush-collection.html
We do have a full range of natural hair products however animals were not harmed in the process.
We do not test on animals or work with manufacturers/suppliers that do either. Some of our palettes may contain animal derived ingredients which may not be considered vegan friendly. All ingredients are listed on product pages.
All content published on this website including images, text and information is the property of Blank Canvas Cosmetics. Any reproduction/copy/plagiarising/lifting of text/information without permission from Blank Canvas Cosmetics (for commercial use or other) is strictly prohibited.
Blank Canvas Cosmetics collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Users may be subject to different protection standards and broader standards may therefore apply to some. In order to learn more about the protection criteria, Users can refer to the applicability section.
Owner and Data Controller
Blank Canvas Cosmetics
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Among the types of Personal Data that Blank Canvas Cosmetics collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, email address, last name, phone number, address, ZIP/Postal code, city, User ID, shipping address, house number and various types of Data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by Blank Canvas Cosmetics is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for Blank Canvas Cosmetics to provide its services. In cases where Blank Canvas Cosmetics specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through Blank Canvas Cosmetics and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Blank Canvas Cosmetics (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
• Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
• Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
• Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User, Registration and authentication and Data transfer outside the EU.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
• Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Facebook Analytics for Apps (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Analytics for Apps is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc.
Contacting the User
Contact form (www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes Blank Canvas Cosmetics to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address and first name.
The Owner is allowed to transfer Personal Data collected within the EU to third countries (i.e. any country not part of the EU) only pursuant to a specific legal basis. Any such Data transfer is based on one of the legal bases described below.
Users can inquire with the Owner to learn which legal basis applies to which specific service.
Data transfer to countries that guarantee European standards (www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/)
If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to third countries is carried out according to an adequacy decision of the European Commission.
The European Commission adopts adequacy decisions for specific countries whenever it considers that country to possess and provide Personal Data protection standards comparable to those set forth by EU data protection legislation. Users can find an updated list of all adequacy decisions issued on the European Commission's website.
Personal Data collected: various types of Data.
Other legal basis for Data transfer abroad (www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/)
If no other legal basis applies, Personal Data shall be transferred from the EU to third countries only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
• the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the User and the Owner or of pre-contractual measures taken at the User’s request;
• the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the User between the Owner and another natural or legal person;
• the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest;
• the transfer is necessary for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• the transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent. In such cases, the Owner shall inform the User about the legal bases the transfer is based on via www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/.
• Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating, Users allow Blank Canvas Cosmetics to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, Blank Canvas Cosmetics will be able to access some Data, stored by these third-party services, for registration or identification purposes.
Direct registration (www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/)
The User registers by filling out the registration form and providing the Personal Data directly to www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/.
Personal Data collected: address, city, email address, first name, house number, last name, phone number, shipping address, User ID and ZIP/Postal code.
Further information about Personal Data
• Selling goods and services online
The Personal Data collected are used to provide the User with services or to sell goods, including payment and possible delivery.
• The Personal Data collected to complete the payment may include the credit card, the bank account used for the transfer, or any other means of payment envisaged. The kind of Data collected by Blank Canvas Cosmetics depends on the payment system used.
• The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13
Users declare themselves to be adult according to their applicable legislation. Minors may use Blank Canvas Cosmetics only with the assistance of a parent or guardian. Under no circumstance persons under the age of 13 may use www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/.
• Analysis and predictions based on the User’s Data (“profiling”)
The Owner may use the Personal and Usage Data collected through Blank Canvas Cosmetics to create or update User profiles. This type of Data processing allows the Owner to evaluate User choices, preferences and behaviour for the purposes outlined in the respective section of this document.
• User profiles can also be created through the use of automated tools like algorithms, which can also be provided by third parties. To find out more, about the profiling activities performed, Users can check the relevant sections of this document.
• The User always has a right to object to this kind of profiling activity. To find out more about the User's rights and how to exercise them, the User is invited to consult the section of this document outlining the rights of the User.
• Personal Data collected through sources other than the User
The Owner of Blank Canvas Cosmetics may have legitimately collected Personal Data relating to Users without their knowledge by reusing or sourcing them from third parties on the grounds mentioned in the section specifying the legal basis of processing.
• Where the Owner has collected Personal Data in such a manner, Users may find specific information regarding the source within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may inquire with the Owner to find out which rights apply to them.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
• Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
• Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
• Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Applicability of broader protection standards
While most provisions of this document concern all Users, some provisions expressly only apply if the processing of Personal Data is subject to broader protection standards.
Such broader protection standards apply when the processing:
• is performed by an Owner based within the EU;
• concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and is related to the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services, to such Users;
• concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and allows the Owner to monitor such Users’ behavior taking place in the EU.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Blank Canvas Cosmetics or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
For operation and maintenance purposes, Blank Canvas Cosmetics and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Blank Canvas Cosmetics (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
Blank Canvas Cosmetics does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through Blank Canvas Cosmetics (or third-party services employed in www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using Blank Canvas Cosmetics who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/.
Blank Canvas Cosmetics (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by Blank Canvas Cosmetics as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User's device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest update: May 24, 2018